Rabu, 20 Juni 2012

Children

How I love photographing children. Some of them have that bittersweet innocence and naivety, unaware of the big bad world, while some others are more aware of their surrounding. I am always most likely to find deeper emotions in photographing children than photographing adults. They don't hide, they're not fake.


I found some of my old works in my old computer. I took these pictures back in 2010, and I still find deep memories of the children I met and the journey I went through etched in these images. My old camera, the thick and humid air, and the faces I've met.



Paranoia
Sangkrah, Solo, November 2010
Canon EOS 500D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
n/a, n/a
58 mm UV
n/a
digital


When you're a child and you have that naivety,
and when you're a grown up and al you have is that paranoia.




The Boys
Wonogiri, Solo, November 2010
Canon EOS 60D
Canon EF-S 18-55 mm
1/500, f/7.6
58 mm UV
n/a
digital


These boys just stood there and waiting for the train to pass and cross.
Their village is separated by a railway and they have to cross it each days.
I took the picture from a moving train, that's how I come with the high angle.


It's summer break, and I have 3 months in Indonesia before I have to go back to my college life in the UK. I have plenty of time to explore and shoot more pictures. I'm going to Bali and Lombok, and I'll post pretty Indonesian faces soon!

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar